Do you know what foods to relieve constipation fast? If you are not sure then this article is for you and today I will show you the best foods in the world that help constipation fast.
In a very simple word, constipation means having difficulties when passing stools. If you are constipated you cannot empty the bowels fully and feel pain and sometimes blood passing by.
Research says that about 16% of people face constipation in their lifetime. It can be rare, short term or chronic constipation from person to person. In Ais Specific, more than 50% of people suffer from constipation and piles.
Jump to the sections:
Reasons for Constipation
Constipation has a variety of reasons for instance dehydration, lifestyle factors, poor diet, medications, neurological, gastrointestinal, metabolic diseases, or mental disorders.
Effects of Constipation
The first stage of constipation can cause Piles problems. After that, you may face fistula disease. Long-term chronic constipation may cause colon cancer. But, a diet rich in soluble fiber with plenty of water and little rich and fatty foods lessens the risk of costiveness.
What foods help with constipation?
Eating certain foods can help to improve the frequency of bowel movements and get rid of constipation really fast. Proper selection of foods and appropriate measurement and timing can help with constipation fast. There are some vegetables, fruits, snacks, beans, grains that can help you with constipation. We have mentioned the food items for your kind information.
Foods to ease constipation
I personally recommend having foods to ease constipation rather than medicine. High fiber foods are the first choice to ease constipation fast. Sometimes the high fiber foods may not contain enough water that’s why you may need to drink enough water to be hydrated. Foods that help constipation fast
Foods to cure constipation quickly
Fortunately, there are certain quick foods that can help relieve constipation fast and develop a healthy bowel track. We have collected those food items for you and wrote in details so that you can pick your desired one to relieve constipation.
# Here are the best foods to relieve constipation fast in 2022
Minerals: Sodium (5 mg)
Water is a key to fight constipation fast. Dehydration is one of the major causes of constipation because a dehydrated intestine cannot add enough water to the bowel tract. So drinking a lot of water can often come to rescue from constipation.
However, drinking more and more water is the simplest remedy on this planet to avoid constipation. But drinking cold plain water or a warm cup of lemon water in the morning is incredibly effective for the dehydrated colon. People should drink at least eight glasses of water a day to enjoy a healthy bowel movement.
02. Aloe Vera juice
Carbs: 1 g
Protein: 0 g
Fat: 0 g
Minerals: Calcium (10 mg)
Fiber: 0 g
Aloe Vera is the best food to relieve constipation fast. The green part of the leaves in aloe vera is used to make aloe vera juice.
The leaves of aloe vera are packed with plant mucilage that cures inflammation, belly bloating and alleviates bowel discomfort. Aloe vera juice acts as a natural laxative and treats dehydration and constipation.
So overall aloe vera is great latex to relieve irritable bowel syndrome very effectively. But one fact should be kept in mind not to take aloe juice constantly to treat constipation for more than a week otherwise it can cause damage to kidney health.
Carbs: 3.98 g
Protein: 9.0 g
Fat: 5.0 g
Vitamins: Vitamin B-6 (0.063 mg), Choline (15.1 mg),
Minerals: Calcium (100 mg), Magnesium (11 mg), Phosphorus (135 mg), Potassium (141 mg), Sodium (35 mg), Zink (0.52 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (4.0 g), Water (81.3 g)
Yogurt in the morning is the best food to relieve constipation fast. Yogurt is again a natural remedy for those who are struggling hard with constipation but low-sugar Greek yogurt would be the best option to fight constipation.
Yogurt has probiotic bacteria that are healthy bacteria for a healthy gut system and a healthy gut system leads to frequent bowel movements. Probiotic bacteria also boost the immune system and decrease bowel issues. Yogurt is a lubricant laxative that softens the stool thus fights constipation.
Carbs: 4.24 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Fat: 2.9 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (0.1mg), Vitamin A (25mcg)
Minerals: Calcium (107 mg), Iron (0.03 mg), Potassium (135 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (4.88 g)
Kefir is a widely popular food to relieve constipation fast. Kefir, a Turkish word means ‘pleasant tastes’, is a fermented milk beverage. It originated in the Caucasus Mountains in West Asia. It is a probiotic and contains various species of microorganisms that benefit your health when ingested.
A study reveals that participants who drink 17 ounces of kefir per day after their morning and evening meals used fewer laxatives and experienced improvements in bowel frequency. Kefir can be eaten plain or added to smoothies and salad dressings or mixed in with cereals and topped with fruits, seeds, etc.
05. Olive Oil
Carbs: 0 g
Protein: 0 g
Fat: 100 g
Vitamins: vitamin E (14 mg), Vitamin K (60 μg), Sodium (2 mg), Potassium (1 mg)
Minerals: Iron (0.56 mg)
Olive Oil is a good food to help with constipation. Olive oil especially extra virgin olive oil has compounds that improve digestion and have antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Olive oil has a mild laxative effect which can ease the flow through the intestines and renders fast movement of stools through bowels. Olive oil can be used with a spoonful mixed in with a glass of juice or a cup of warm milk or with salads, cooked vegetables, or one spoon of oil before having a meal.
06. Clear Soups
Carbs: 0 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Fat: 0.8 g
Vitamins: vitamin A (0.1 %), Vitamin K (60 μg), Sodium (2 mg), Potassium (1 mg)
Minerals: Sodium (156 mg), Potassium (144 mg), Calcium (3 mg), Iron (0.1 mg)
Other Nutrients: Cholesterol (1 mg)
Clear soups are soups where vegetables and meat are cooked in a liquid until they release all the flavours. They are made without adding any spices, starch, or other flavourings thus they are very nutritious.
It is also very easy to digest as it is warm and liquid. It hydrates the body thus the intestine. Clear soups also add fluid to hard stools which can soften the stool and can pass the stool easily.
07. Dark chocolate
Carbs: 45.90 g
Protein: 7.79 g
Fat: 42.63 g
Vitamins: Vitamin B6 0.38 mg, Vitamin E 0.59 mg, Vitamin K 7.3 μg
Minerals: Calcium 73 mg, iron 11.90 mg, magnesium 228 mg, zinc 3.31 mg, Phosphorus 308 mg, Potassium 715 mg, Sodium 20 mg
Other Nutrients: Dietary fiber 11 g, Sugar 24.23 g, Caffeine 80 mg, Cholesterol 3 mg
Dark chocolate is the food to relieve constipation fast. It is packed with very beneficial compounds such as polyphenols, flavonols, and catechins. It is a healthy food as it has various health benefits.
It improves heart health, decreases inflammation, controls sugar, and enhances brain function. Magnesium in dark chocolate relaxes the muscles in the digestive tract. But one should not eat more than 40 grams of dark chocolate a day because they also contain fat and sugar that can harden the stool.
Calories: 0 g
Carbs: 0 g
Protein: 0.1 g
Fat: 0 g
Vitamins: 0 %
Minerals: Sodium (2 mg), Potassium (49 mg),
Other Nutrients: Caffeine (40 mg)
Coffee is not just a beverage but life’s blood for many people. It stimulates the colon muscles and produces laxative effects naturally.
Caffeine in coffee is a stimulant that helps in bowel movement. Caffeinated coffee stimulates the colon thirty percent more and reflexes the gastrocolic tract.
People who have irritable bowel syndrome stimulate easy bowel movements after drinking a cup of coffee. A warm cup of coffee widens blood vessels in the digestive tract and cleanses the colon.
# Fruits to Relieve Constipation Fast (More)
01. Bael Fruit
Carbs: 31.8 gm
Protein: 1.8 gm
Fat: 0.03 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (55 mcg), Vitamin C (60 mg),
Minerals: Potassium (600 mg), Calcium (85 mg),
Other Nutrients: Fiber (2.9 gm), Water (61.5 g)
Bael Fruit is the best food to relieve constipation fast. Bael fruit is always considered a great medicinal fruit.
However, the pulp of this fruit works as an amazing Ayurvedic remedy for diseases including constipation. Even all parts of this plant are used in making several medicines to cure different diseases.
How Bael Fruit Relieves Constipation
- Bael fruit, especially the ripe one contains fiber in it. Hence, having its sherbet can clean your intestine relieving constipation
- The fruit also has several laxative properties that help to cure constipation
- Having its pulp every day with a bit of molasses also helps to relieve constipation
02. Plums, Prunes & Dates
Carbs: 64 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (15%), Vitamin B-6 (10%), Vitamin C (1%)
Minerals: Sodium (2 mg), Potassium (732 mg), Calcium (4%), Iron (4%), Magnesium (10%)
Other Nutrients: Dietary fiber (7 g), Sugar (38 g)
Plums and prunes are the same fruits with the same nutrients. However, dried plums are called prunes. Plums, prunes, and dates are also a great help to relieve constipation fast. These fruits are good sources of laxative effects.
How Plums Relieves Constipation
- Prunes contain an immense amount of insoluble fiber in it which is also called cellulose. Consuming these fruits will add water to your stool and it relieves constipation.
- The fruits also contain Phenolic compounds that help in stimulating the helpful gut bacteria to relieve constipation.
- The fruits hugely contain fibers and sorbitol that also work in relieving constipation.
Carbs: 14 g
Protein: 2.6 g
Fat: 1 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (380%), Vitamin A (12%), Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Minerals: Potassium (417 mg), Sodium (2 mg), Magnesium (5%), Iron (1%), Calcium (1%)
Other Nutrients: Dietary fiber (5 g),Sugar (9 g)
Both the fruit Guava and its leaves are beneficial for our health. Guava tree leaves are used for many medicinal purposes and they contain laxative properties and health benefits. The fruit is a great source of antioxidants as well.
How Guava Relieves Constipation
- Guava is a great source of dietary fiber. It contributes up to 12% of your daily fiber intake. Hence, it can relieve constipation.
- Guava leaves also help in relieving constipation. Its leaf extract and herbal tea help to improve the digestive system.
- The fruit along with the leaves also neutralize the harmful gut microbes with their antimicrobial properties.
Carbs: 15 g
Protein: 1.1 g
Fat: 0.5 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (154 %), Vitamin A (1%), Vitamin B-6 (5%),
Minerals: Sodium (3 mg), Potassium (312 mg), Magnesium (4%), Calcium (3%), Iron (1%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (9 g), Dietary fiber (3 g)
Kiwifruit is another best fruit that is considered a natural remedy for constipation. It brings balance to your gut and helps to reduce gastronomical diseases. The fruit contains water in it along with some other elements that relieve constipation.
How Kiwifruit Relieves Constipation
- Kiwifruits contain a high amount of both soluble and insoluble fibers that improve the digestive system.
- The fruit makes the stool softer by improving bowel movement.
- Green kiwifruits natural digestive enzymes including actinidin that helps in reducing stomach problems and weird bloated feelings.
Carbs: 19.2 g
Protein: 0.8 g
Fat: 0.3 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (2 mg), Vitamin K (4.7 μg), Vitamin E (0.11 mg), Vitamin A (7 μg)
Minerals: Calcium (35 mg), Iron (0.4 g), Magnesium (17 mg), Phosphorus (14 mg), Sodium (1 mg), Zink (0.15 mg)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (3 g), Water (79 g), Sugars (16.3 g)
For quick digestion figs are a good source. Though the fruit is not available all year round yet, it is beneficial to health and a great remedy for improving the intestinal system. Even, for cold weather this fruit intake can help you resist the cold.
How Figs Relieves Constipation
- Figs are also a great source of essential and beneficial dietary elements that help in relieving constipation.
- The fruit has rich fiber as well that reduces constipation problems.
- Improving and easing bowel movement figs work as a great remedy to tone or nourish the intestines.
Carbs: 10.82 g
Protein: 0.47 g
Fat: 0.26 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A equiv (47μg), Vitamin C (62 mg), Vitamin K (2.6 μg), Vitamin E (0.3 mg)
Minerals: Potassium (182 mg), Calcium (20 mg), Magnesium (21 mg), Phosphorus (10 mg), Sodium (8 mg), Zink (0.8 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugars (7.82 g), Fiber (1.7 g), Water (88 g), Lycopene (1828 µg)
Papaya is also a well-known fruit for its great sweet taste and laxative sweets. This fruit is also powerful in reducing digestive and constipation problems. However, the fruit comes in many varieties and all of them are full of nutrients.
How Papaya Relieves Constipation
- Papaya contains a deal of water along with other components. Hence, it improves bowel function.
- The fruit is also rich in fiber hence it prevents problems in the intestine including constipation.
- Papaya is also a great source of carbohydrates, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins that also help to soften the stool.
Carbs: 7.55 g
Protein: 0.61 g
Fat: 0.15 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (28 μg), Vitamin C (8.1 mg), Choline (4.1 mg)
Minerals: Potassium (112 mg), Calcium (7 mg), Magnesium (10 mg), Phosphorus (11 mg), Sodium (1 mg), Iron (0.24), Zink (0.1 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugars (6.2 g), Fiber (0.4 g), Water (91.45 g), Lycopene (4532 μg)
Watermelon fruit also helps in relieving constipation fast. The fruit is full of water and antioxidants. Having one glass of watermelon juice can solve many health problems. Though watermelon doesn’t contain a lot of fiber yet the fruits help to improve the digestive system.
How Watermelon Helps with Constipation
- A watermelon contains up to 92% water that helps to move the digestive tract efficiently.
- Watermelon promotes bowel movements as it is a water-rich fruit.
- Watermelon has plenty of water and it is also low on sugar hence the fruit brings balance to your internal health system.
08. Apples, Avocado, Apricot, Peach, Pears
Calories: Apples (52), Avocado (160), Apricot (48), Peach (39), Pears (57)
Carbs: Apples(14 g), Avocado (9 g), Apricot (63 g), Peach (9.54 g), Pears (15.23g)
Protein: Apple (0 g), Avocado (2 g), Apricot (3.4 g), Peach (0.91 g), Pears (0.36 g)
Fat: Apple (0.2 g), Avocado (15 g), Apricot (0.5 g), Peach (0.25 g), Pears (0.14 g)
Vitamins Apples: Vitamin C(7%), Vitamin A (1%),
Vitamins Avocado: Vitamin C (16%), Vitamin A (2%), Vitamin B-6 (15%)
Vitamins Apricot: Vitamin C (1 mg), Vitamin E (4.33 mg), Vitamin K (3.1 μg), Vitamin A (180 μg)
Vitamins Peach: Vitamin C (6.6 mg), Vitamin E (0.73), Vitamin K (2.6 μg)
Vitamins Pears: Vitamin C (4.3 mg), Vitamin K (4.4 μg), Vitamin E (0.12 mg)
Minerals Apples: Potassium (107 mg), Sodium (1 mg), Magnesium (1%)
Minerals Avocado: Potassium (485 mg), Sodium (7 mg), Magnesium (7%), Iron (3%), Calcium (1%)
Minerals Apricot: Calcium (55 mg), Iron (2.66 mg), Magnesium (32 mg), Phosphoris (71 mg), Potassium (1162 mg), Sodium (10 mg), Zink (0.29 mg)
Minerals Peach: Calcium (6 mg), I ron (0.25 mg), Magnesium (9mg), Phosphorus (20 mg), Potassium (190 mg), Zink (0.17)
Minerals Pears: Calcium (9 mg), Iron (0.18 mg), Magnesium (7 mg), Phosphorus (12 mg), Potassium (116 mg), Sodium (1 mg), Zink (0.1 mg)
Other Nutrients Apple: Dietary fiber (2.4 g) Sugar (10 g)
Other Nutrients Avocado: Dietary fiber (7 g), Sugar (0.7 g)
Other Nutrients Apricot: Fiber (7 g), Sugars (53 g)
Other Nutrients Peach: Fiber (5 g), Sugars (9 g)
Other Nutrients Pears: Water (84 g), Sugars (9.75 g)
All these fruits have the same health benefits as all of them are rich in fiber. Increasing the stool weight and frequency, fruits including apples, avocado, apricot, peach, pears, and all alleviate the constipation complications.
How Apple & Avocado Ease Constipation
- The fruits have soluble and insoluble fibers, apples with skin have immense fiber elements in it that relieve constipation.
- They include pectin that is fermented by the gut bacteria and they together create short-chain fatty acids. This process softens stool and shortens the time of gut transit.
- Pears and other fruits have a high amount of sorbitol and fructose that also reduces this problem.
09. Citrus Fruits (like Orange, Passion Fruit, Grape, Pineapple, etc)
Carbs: 23 g
Protein: 2.2 g
Fat: 0.7 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (25%), Vitamin C (50%), Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Minerals: Potassium (348 mg), Sodium (28 mg), Iron (8%), Magnesium (7%), Calcium (1%)
Other Nutrients: Dietary fiber (10 g), Sugar (11 g)
Citrus fruits including oranges, grapes, passion fruits, pineapples are delicious to eat and at the same time, they have health value. Their juice is refreshing and they are good for snacks. However, citrus fruits can mitigate constipation fast.
How Citrus Fruits Relieve Constipation Fast
- All citrus fruits contain soluble fiber that is also called pectin, especially in their peel. It helps reduce constipation.
- The fruits also contain naringenin flavonoid that influences the fluid secretion in the colon alleviating constipation.
- Citrus fruits also have many laxative effects as they are full of antioxidants and vitamin C hence they contribute positive effects.
10. Berries (like Blueberries, Blackberry, Raspberries, Strawberries)
Carbs: 14.49 g
Protein: 0.74 g
Fat: 0.33 g
Vitamins: VitaminA (54 IU), Vitamin C (9.7 mg), Vitamin E (0.57), Vitamin K (19.3 μg)
Minerals: Calcium (6 mg), Magnesium (6 mg), Phosphorus (12 mg), Potassium (77 mg), Iron (0.28 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugars (9.96 g), Fiber (2.4 g), Water (84 g)
Berries are famous among all of us. You will barely find anyone who doesn’t like berries like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and all. These fruits are tasty and good for health as well especially if you have constipation problems.
How Berries Cure Constipation Quickly
- These fruits are also full of soluble and insoluble fibers and help to soften your stool and bowel movement easily.
- As summertime dessert berries work well to solve constipation complexities.
- Consuming the fruits helps in absorbing the gut water and makes stool soft.
# Vegetables to Relieve Constipation Fast
01. Acorn Squash
Carbs: 10 g
Protein: 0.8 g
Fat: 0.1 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (7%), Vitamin C (18%), Vitamin B-6 (10%)
Minerals: Sodium (3 mg), Potassium (347 mg), Calcium (3%), Iron (3%), Magnesium (8%)
Fiber: 1.5 g
Acorn squash has fibers that help in alleviating the pain of constipation. Acorn squash carries nutrition that helps to refresh the body. Because they contain starch, starch might not always help in relieving constipation.
How Acorn Squash Relieves Constipation Fast
- This vegetable carries high carbohydrate and carbohydrate works as a fuel to release constipation.
- The 9 grams of fiber reduce the insoluble nutrients in the stomach to create a smooth path for usual stool.
- Besides, vitamin C nutrient helps in digesting the fiberless food by providing enough water and creating immune cells.
Carbs: 11.57 g
Protein: 2.81 g
Fat: 2.87 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (7.2 mg), Vitamin K (16.7 μg), Vitamin B-2 (0.087 g)
Minerals: Calcium (21 mg), Iron (0.59 mg), Magnesium (41 mg), Potassium ( 277 mg), Sodium (180 mg), Zinc (0.4 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (81.7 g), Sugar (0.96 g), Fiber (5.5 g)
If your body wants enough fiber, artichoke vegetables can help you through it. Our body requires fiber to digest hard fiber and other un-soluble nutrients. Artichoke, in this case, comes with lots of fibers as a delicious vegetable.
How Artichoke Relieves Constipation Fast
- Artichoke has a special ability to grow the healthy bacteria in your intestine to ease the process of usual stool.
- The inulin fiber of this vegetable carries special elements to digest even faster than other kinds of fibers.
- To fulfill the lack of protein in digestion, artichoke vegetables come with 4 grams of intake protein.
03. Cabbage, Brussels sprouts
Calories: Cabbage (25), Brusseles (179)
Carbs: Cabbage (6 g), Brusseles (8.95 g)
Protein: Cabbage (1.3 g), Brusseles (3.48 g)
Fat: Cabbage (0.1 g), Brusseles (0.3 g)
Vitamins Cabbage: Vitamn A (1%), Vitamin C (60%), Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Vitamins Brussls sprouts: Vitamin C (85 mg), Vitamin E (0.88 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.219 mg)
Minerals Cabbage: Sodium (18 mg), Potassium (170 mg), Calcium (4%), Iron (2%), Magnesium (2%)
Minerals Brussels: Calcium (42 mg), Iron (1.4 mg), Magnesium (23 mg), Potassium (389 mg), Sodium (25 mg), Zinc (0.42 mg), Phosphorus (69 mg)
Other Nutrients Cabbage: Fiber (2.5 g), Sugar (3.2 g)
Other Nutrients Brussels sprouts: Water (86 g), Fiber (3.8 g), Sugar (2.2 g)
Cabbage is all about healthy fibers and therefore it is considered one of the best vegetables of all time. Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, carry enough water to ease the load of your stomach.
How Cabbage Help with Constipation
- Cabbage and Brussels sprouts both have water, fibers, and other important nutrients that ease the process of pooping.
- Brussels sprouts come with as much vitamin C as broccoli has that reduces bowel and bloating problems.
- Both vegetables have folic acid that triggers the metabolism and acids of digestion for better processing.
04. Jerusalem Artichoke (taro corms)
Carbs: 17 g
Protein: 2 g
Fat: 0 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (6%), Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Minerals: Sodium (4 mg), Potassium (429 mg), Calcium (1%), Magnesium (4%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (1.6 g), Sugar (10 g)
Jerusalem Artichoke (taro corms) is used greatly in countries where it’s easily found for reducing the bulk. However, the vegetable carries fermentable fiber. This fiber helps the colon to participate actively in pooping.
How Jerusalem Relieves Constipation Fast
- The vegetable carries insulin that helps in the fermentation of the food to excrement without any pain.
- The low sodium and high potassium in the vegetable make it healthier for smooth digestion.
- Because the vegetable is low in calories, it doesn’t interrupt the whole process of quick metabolism.
Carbs: 4.5 g
Protein: 0.9 g
Fat: 0.2 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (2%), Vitamin C (13%)
Minerals: Sodium (4 mg), Potassium (288 mg), Calcium (8%), Iron (1%), Magnesium (3%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (1.8 g), Sugar (1.1 g)
Rhubarb possesses many laxative properties that assist in digesting big time. These properties might affect the stomach organs but they are helpful as well. These effects are caused by the sennosides in the vegetable.
How Rhubarb Relieves Constipation Quickly
- The vegetable has many herbal benefits which also assist with other nutrients to ease constipation.
- The vegetable also carries some protein that happens to balance the water flow for digestion.
- The 1 gram fiber that the vegetable carries is enough to contribute to relieving constipation.
Carbs: 3.6 g
Protein: 2.9 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (28 mg), Vitamin E (2 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.195 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (99 mg), Iron (2.71 mg), Magnesium (79 mg), Phosphorus (49 mg), Potassium (558 mg), Sodium (79 mg), Zinc (0.53 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (0.4 g)
Fiber: (2.2 g)
Spinach has a great ability to make the bulk pass easily and have a lightweight stomach again. Spinach as a green vegetable has fibers that add more weight to the remaining bulk. Later on, it passes the gut-line easily.
How Spinach Ease Constipation
- The quantity of magnesium in the vegetable helps the fiber to work together in digestion.
- The benefit of spinach is no less than broccoli and therefore, it guarantees you of relieving constipation.
- Besides, it carries vitamins and folic acid to add some extra water to the digestion to make it faster.
07. Sweet Potato
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 1.6 g
Fat: 0.1 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (283%), Vitamin C (4%), Vitamin B-6 (10%), Vitamin E (0.26 mg)
Minerals: Sodium (55 mg), Potassium (337 mg), Calcium (30 mg), Iron (0.61 mg), Magnesium (25 mg), Phosphorus (47 mg), Zink (0.3 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (4.2 g)
fiber: (3 g)
Sweet potatoes have comparatively more fibers than any other vegetables. Besides, natural sugar increases the capability of the stomach. The colon works way better with the nutrients of sweet potatoes.
How Sweet Potato Cure Constipation Quickly
- An average-sized sweet potato provides 3.8 grams of fibers that a body requires a day for healthy digestion.
- The cellulose of the sweet potato holds the metabolism for the insoluble nutrients.
- The most soluble fiber is present in sweet potatoes which is pectin. It reacts greatly in digestion hard foods.
Carbs: 6.64 g
Fat: (0.37 g)
Vitamins: Vitamin C (89.2 mg), Vitamin E (0.78 mg), Vitamin K (101.6 μg)
Minerals: Calcium (47 mg), Iron (0.73 mg), Magnesium (21 mg), Phosphorus (66 mg), Potassium (316 mg), Sodium (33 mg), Zink (0.41 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (89.3g), Sugar (1.7 g),
Fiber: (2.6 g)
There is no better vegetable than broccoli to relieve you from painful constipation. Broccoli has nutrients that many other vegetables lack. It contains a great deal of sulforaphane which helps the gut for the easy passing of the stool.
How Broccoli Relieves Constipation Fast
- Well-cooked broccoli is healthy for health because the fibers get softened and work better to relieve the gut.
- This vegetable eases the bowel movement and its regulations for preventing the problem of bloating.
- A study says broccoli alone can solve your problem of constipation if you eat 20 grams of it regularly.
Carbs: 9 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Fat: 0.9 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (199%), Vitamin C (200%), Vitamin B-6 (15%)
Minerals: Potassium (491 mg), Sodium (38 mg), Calcium (15%), Magnesium (11%), Iron (8%)
Other Nutrients: Cholesterol 0 mg
Kale comes with leaves that carry fiber. Fiber is the main ingredient for softening the stool. However, kale contributes a lot to relieve the pain of constipation by providing good nutrients.
How Kale Relieves Constipation
- Kale carries a lot of magnesium which is a great source of the mineral.
- This mineral goes right into the intestine and colon to help the bulk to pass through the gut.
- After the fibers of the vegetable react in the digestive organ, the poop easily gets released.
Carbs: 2.9 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Fat: 0.2 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (148 %), Vitamin C (15%), Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Minerals: Sodium (28 mg), Potassium (194 mg), Calcium (3%), Iron (4%), Magnesium (3%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (1.3 g), Sugar (0.8 g)
Lettuce is a favorite vegetable that is added even to make fast foods or salads. But lettuce always works better when you eat it in salads. Lettuce provides nutrients that soften the hard poop and provide a healthy life.
How Lettuce Relieves Constipation Quickly
- The dietary fiber of the vegetable removes other insoluble nutrients.
- It also helps the soluble nutrients to work faster and cancel the pain during constipation.
- Removing the obstacles of the gut-road, lettuce vegetable emits lubricants for softening the whole metabolism process.
11. Swiss Chard
Carbs: 4.13 g
Protein: 1.88 g
Fat: 0.08 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (18 mg), Vitamin E (1.89 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.085 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (58 mg), Iron (2.26 mg), Sodium (179 mg), Potassium (549 mg), Zinc (0.33 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (92.65 g), Fiber (2.1 g), Sugar (1.1 g)
Most of the green leafy vegetables like the Swiss chard come with fibers. These fibers are called inulin. Inulin fibers are great when you are having pain because of hard poop. Also, because the Swiss chard carries mineral-filled nutrients, it works incredibly.
How Swiss Chard Relieves Constipation Fast
- Swiss chard carries magnesium that helps the colon to have enough minerals for digestion.
- The 4 grams of fibers in one cup of Swiss chard help in increasing the metabolism power.
- Besides, the potassium in it helps to emit fluid around the colon for its contraction.
Carbs: 9.6 g
Protein: 0.93 g
Fat: 0.24 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (5.9 mg), Vitamin E (0.66 mg), Vitamin K (13.2 μg)
Minerals: Calcium (33 mg), Iron (0.3 mg), Magnesium (12 mg), Phosphorus (35 mg), Potassium (320 mg), Sodium (69 mg), Zink (0.24 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (88 g), Sugar (4.7 g),
Fiber: 2.8 g
Not all raw vegetables are suitable for the digestive organs. But raw carrots are filled with natural nutrients and it tastes and works better when you eat it raw.
How Carrots Help with Constipation
- Carrot is a very high fiber vegetable and therefore it works as fuel to other insoluble nutrients.
- The fibers in it work faster than the skin of the carrot and that’s why the skin sometimes takes time to get out through the stool.
- Raw carrots are better than cooked carrots. Thus, eat them wisely.
13. Turnip Greens
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Fat: 0.3 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (231%), Vitamin C (100%), Vitamin B-6 (15%)
Minerals: Sodium (40 mg), Potassium (296 mg), Calcium (19%), Iron (6%), Magnesium (7%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (3.2 g), Sugar (0.8 g)
Turnip greens are great to stimulate bowel movement regulation. Also, it helps the colon to contract at the right time during the metabolism reaction.
How Turnip Greens Relieves Constipation
- It carries 17 mg of magnesium that helps in providing water to the digestive organs.
- Besides, the 163 mg of potassium helps to provide the right amount of fluid for the digestive reaction.
- Besides, it carries zinc and phosphorus to help the hard poop emit easily.
Carbs: 14.79 g
Protein: 3.75 g
Fat: 0.94 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (31.8 mg), Vitamin A (4248 IU)
Minerals: Sodium (31 mg), Potassium (569 mg), Calcium (243 mg), Iron (5.08 mg), Zinc (1.11 mg)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (8 g),
Peppermint as a vegetable is mostly used in making salad or garnishing foods. A little amount of peppermint can work tremendously to regulate your bowel movement.
How Peppermint Relieves Constipation
- It carries a lot of vitamin A, C that helps indirectly in digesting.
- Peppermint carries a very little amount of protein that triggers the digestive organ for fast metabolism.
- Besides, the magnesium in it provides other soluble nutrients for relieving constipation.
Carbs: 9.56 g
Protein: 1.61 g
Fat: 0.17 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (4.9 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.067 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (16 mg), Iron (0.8 mg), Magnesium (23 mg), Potassium (325 mg), Sodium (78 mg), Zinc (0.35 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (87.58 g), Fiber (2.8 g), Sugar (6.76 g)
Beets contain compounds that help to grow the inner organs of the body. It also helps to sustain the circulation of metabolism in the body with proper care. It has 2 grams of fibers.
How Beets Relieves Constipation
- Beets carry calories that can be used to fasten the bowel movement.
- Beets juice is even better for relieving constipation. As it carries fiber, it gets softened soon.
- The softness of the fiber helps the bulk to emit as soon as possible through the gut-road.
# Grains to Relieve Constipation Fast
Carbs: 64.2 g
Protein: 14.1 g
Fat: 6.1 g
Vitamins: Vitamin E (2.4 mg), Choline (70 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.49 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (47 mg), Iron (4.6 mg), Sodium (5 mg), Potassium (563 mg), Zinc (3.1 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (13.3 mg), Fiber (7 g)
Grains also help big time in relieving constipation and quinoa is one of them. In fact, quinoa helps in this matter more as it contains twice the fibers than most other grains. Hence, this grain is popularly known for reducing constipation.
How Quinoa Relieves Constipation Fast
- Quinoa contains a great deal of fiber hence it can soothe constipation problems keeping the digestive system healthy.
- This grain is also rich in iron and magnesium that also alleviate constipation.
- Quinoa also contains riboflavin, manganese, and other antioxidants that help in proper metabolism and helps in bowel movement.
02. Brown Rice
Carbs: 77.24 g
Protein: 7.85 g
Fat: 2.92 g
Vitamins: Vitamin B-6 (0.509 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (23 mg), Iron (1.47 mg), Potassium (223 mg), Sodium (7 mg), Zinc (2.02 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (10.37 g), Fiber (3.52 g), Sugar (0.85 g)
consuming brown rice is also a great idea to get rid of constipation. However, brown rice may also cause constipation in some cases but most of the time it works positively to alleviate constipation somehow.
How Brown Rice Relieves Constipation
- The fiber from brown rice helps to bring balance among the healthy intestinal bacteria and make it easy to stool.
- Once the grain is digested in the intestinal tract it becomes the pooping powerhouse.
- Brown rice makes the stool soft as well.
03. Oats, Oat Bran
Carbs: 12 g
Protein: 2.4 g
Fat: 1.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (8%), Vitamin B-6 (15%)
Minerals: Sodium (49 mg), Potassium (61 mg), Calcium (8%), Magnesium (6%), Iron (33%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (0.5 g)
Fiber: 1.7 g
Oats and oat bran are packed with a balanced nutritional composition. However, oat bran is more enriched with fiber and protein. With fewer calories both oats and oat bran help to mitigate the problem regarding constipation.
How Oats Relieves Constipation
- Oats are full of antioxidants and several acids including ferulic acid, phytic acid, and all that relieve constipation.
- They also have fiber that always helps against constipation problems.
- Oat brans help in solid bowel movements make the stool easy to excrete.
Carbs: 34 g
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 1 g
Vitamins: Vitamin B-3 (20%)
Minerals: Magnesium (15%), Zinc (15%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (3 g), Sugar (1 g)
Some whole grains sometimes backfire on you if you use them for fast digestion. But farro doesn’t betray like the other grains. Farro carries fiber that is absent in most grains.
How Farro Relieves Constipation Fast
- Unlike other grains, farro carries more than 5 grams of fibers which is huge to participate actively in digesting.
- Besides, the grain has 6 grams of protein that offers extra soluble nutrients.
- The grain also carries Zinc which helps in creating the immune system and heals the inflammation of the gut.
05. Sweet corn, Popcorn
Carbs: 78 g
Protein: 12 g
Fat: 4 g
Vitamins: Thiamine (B-1) 0.2 mg
Minerals: Iron (2.7 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (0.3 g)
Fiber: 3.6 g
Sweet corn and popcorn are made with the same ingredient. This grain helps to relieve hard constipation big time. These snacks are loaded with high fiber. Besides, they carry fewer calories to digest smoothly.
How Corn Relieves Constipation
- These grains carry fibers that are enough to break down the insoluble elements.
- The air-popped popcorn comes with less sodium that might differ from microwave popcorn.
- But too much eating of sweet corn or popcorn can cause your poop hard.
06. Whole Grain Bread
Carbs: 41 g
Protein: 13 g
Fat: 3.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin B-6 (10%)
Minerals: Sodium (400 mg), Potassium (248 mg), Calcium (10%), Iron (13%), Magnesium (20%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (6 g)
Fiber: 7 g
Whole grain bread can be the reason for releasing soft poop if you maintain the amount during eating them. The grain comes with laxative nutrients. This natural element helps in advancing the process of usual stool.
How Whole Grain Bread Relieves Constipation
- The fiber in the grain helps the bowel regulate in its regular way without getting interrupting.
- Besides, the bloating problem gets canceled by the natural laxative nutrients of the grains.
- But remember that, too much consumption of whole-grain bread causes the opposite of soft poop.
# Nuts, Seeds & Beans to Relieve Constipation Fast
Carbs: 30.16 g
Protein: 36.49 g
Fat: 19.94 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (6.0 mg), Vitamin E (0.85 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.377 mg), Choline (115.9 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (277 mg), Iron (15.7 mg), Magnesium (280 mg), Phosphorus (704 mg), Potassium (1797 mg), Sodium (2 mg) Zink (4.89 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (8.54 g), Sugar (7.33 g)
Fiber: 9.3 g
Soybeans are the best foods to relieve constipation fast. Constipation is caused by dehydration and a low-fiber diet. Soybeans are rich in fiber.
A hundred grams of soybeans provide nine gram of dietary fiber. Fiber helps in softening the stool to pass through the colon flexibly. But one thing should be remembered is soybeans are rich in protein so excessive intake of soybeans can cause dehydration.
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (2%), Vitqamin B-6 (10%)
Minerals: Sodium (2 mg), Potassium (369 mg), Calcium (1%), Iron (18%), Magnesium (9%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (1.8 g)
Fiber: 8 g
Lentils are amazingly rich in dietary fiber that too both soluble and insoluble types of fiber. A cup full of lentils has sixteen grams of fiber.
Insoluble fiber ensures frequent bowel movements and fights constipation. Whereas soluble fiber absorbs water and regulates bowel motion. Boiled lentils improve the overall gut system.
03. Beans & Peas
Carbs: 63 g
Protein: 21 g
Fat: 1.2 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (10%), Vitamin B-6 (25%)
Minerals: Sodium (12 mg), Potassium (1393 mg), Calcium (11%), Iron (28%), Magnesium (44%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (2.1 g)
Fiber: 16 g
Beans & peas are one of the cheapest, fiber-filled food groups one can include in one’s diet to make the diet fiber-rich. You can have these foods to cure constipation quickly.
For example, a cup of cooked navy beans contains a whopping 19.1 grams of fiber, which is almost 80% of the recommended daily needs.
Then one cup of cooked lentils has 16 grams of fiber, meeting 31% of your daily intake. Pulses contain a blend of both insoluble and soluble fiber. Soluble fiber adds water to bowel function while insoluble fiber softens the stool to flow through the passage easily.
04. Chia Seeds
Carbs: 42 g
Protein: 17 g
Fat: 31 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (1%), Vitamin C (2%),
Minerals: Sodium (16 mg), Potassium (407 mg), Calcium (63 g), Iron (42%), Magnesium (83%)
Other Nutrients: Cholesterol (0 mg)
Fiber: 34 g
Chia Seeds are the nice foods that help constipation fast. The versatile chia seeds are one of the most fiber-dense foods found in existence.
Only one ounce of chia seeds contains 10.6 grams of fiber that fulfils 40% of daily needs. Chia seed is a mix of 85% insoluble fiber and 15% soluble fiber. The soluble fiber absorbs ten times water and adds bulk to stools.
The fiber boosting food can be added into various foods to add fiber to your diet. In contact with water chia seeds forms a gel like consistency that helps in softening the stool making them easier to pass.
Carbs: 28.88 g
Protein: 18.29 g
Fat: 42.16 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (0.6 mg), Vitamin B-6 (0.473 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (255 mg), Iron (5.73 mg), Magnesium (392 mg), Phosphorus (642 mg), Potassium (813 mg), Zinc (4.34 mg)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (1.55 g)
Fiber: 27.3 g
Flaxseeds, the natural laxative, have been used for centuries as a traditional remedy to get relief from constipation fast.
Additionally, flaxseeds are high in both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber that makes them an ideal aid for the digestive tract. Fiber is such an agent which plays an important role in making the intestine larger like a sponge and retains water.
Also, soluble fiber produces bacterial growth in the intestine and increases the motility of bowel movement. Flaxseed is also taken as a supplement as it increases bowel flow and frequency along with stool weight and consistency.
However, only ten grams of whole flax seeds contains 2.8 grams of fiber in total. And the amount fulfils 11% of one’s daily requirements. Flaxseeds can be taken as supplement or with yogurt or cereal or bread, muffins etc. However, pregnant and lactating women should avoid taking flax seeds because they may stimulate menstruation.
Carbs: 14 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A(15%), Vitamin C (66%), Vitamin B-6 (10%)
Minerals: Sodium (5 mg), Potassium (244 mg), Calcium (2%), Iron (8%), Magnesium (8%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (5 g), Sugar (6 g)
One of the common complaints is constipation while the most common remedies are having pulses full of fiber. Beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils etc. legumes are collectively called pulses.
Pulses have both soluble and insoluble fiber. Research indicates that hundred grams of cooked pulses provides around 26 percent of the daily needed fiber intake.
Meanwhile, pulses have beneficial nutrients such as folate, iron, zinc, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium and so on to ease constipation. Rich fiber content in pulses can alleviate constipation by facilitating passage for bowel movements.
Carbs: 14 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (15%), Vitamin C (66%), Vitamin b-6 (10%)
Minerals: Sodium (5 mg), Potassium (244 mg), Calcium (2%), Iron (8%), Magnesium (8%)
Other Nutrients: Sugar (6 g)
Fiber: 5 g
There are different types of peas for example garden peas, snow peas, snap peas and others. Peas are edible green seeds that have potential medicinal properties. Peas are naturally laxative after boiling in water. It is a high source of fiber.
Rich fiber content is a great agent for improving bowel movement. They are inexpensive and easily available. Peas can be also stored in the refrigerator for a longer period.
Carbs: 21.6 g
Protein: 21.2 g
Fat: 49.9 g
Vitamins: Vitamin A (1 IU), Vitamin E (25.6 mg)
Minerals: Calcium (264 mg), Iron (3.72 mg), Magnesium (268 mg), Phopsorus (484 mg), Potassium (705 mg), Sodium (1 mg), Zink (3.08 mg)
Other Nutrients: Water (4.4 g), Sugar (4.4 g),
Fiber: (12.5 g)
Almonds are a great source of heart-healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and other essentials. One ounce of almonds contains about 3.5grams of fiber. Magnesium is such a compound that neutralizes intestine acid and moves excrement easily through a bowel movement.
09. Kidney beans
Carbs: 60 g
Protein: 24 g
Fat: 0.8 g
Vitamins: Vitamin C (7%), Vitamin B-6 (20%)
Minerals: Potassium (1406 mg), Sodium (24 mg), Calcium (14%), Iron (45%), Magnesium (35%)
Other Nutrients: Fiber (25 g), Sugar (2.2 g)
Kidney beans mean various kinds of common beans. Light red and dark red legumes are the most common kidney beans’ categories. They involve saturated fat, fiber, folate, iron, vegetable protein, and others important minerals.
A hundred grams of raw kidney beans provide 7.8 grams of dietary fiber in total. Non digestible fiber in kidney beans regulates cell growth in the colon. Kidney beans contain 67 gram of water that retails water into the intestine and makes the stool soft. They are available in canned, pre-cooked, dried and raw forms.